[UPDATED: 20 May 1900hrs] Our staff will be able to process online exchange and return requests made during the circuit breaker from 2 June onwards, as we will be able to return to the office. As for the Flagship store, it will remain closed until further notice. We have updated the exchange and return policies for the retail store in the FAQ below, and will be bringing you more updates soon about Pointe Shoe Fitting appointments. Thank you for your patience!
[UPDATED: 22 April 1630hrs] In light of the current situation with the virus and latest update from the Singapore government, Sonata Dancewear Flagship store at will remain temporarily closed until 1 June 2020 (inclusive).
Our HQ staff will continue to work from home, so you can still reach us via our social media platforms and email. Our online store remains open for you to make your purchases. Deliveries will continue, although they might run with a slight delay.
With new measures to contain the spread of the virus all over the world, most of our regular lifestyles went through drastic changes. Despite having to be physically apart, the amazing online dance community has found ways to stay connected. From online classes to simple words of encouragement, it has been extremely heartwarming to see dancers supporting each other through this period.
Staying at home can be tough for some of us, but we hope that stealing some time to dance can bring you some joy and perhaps brighten up your day, even just for a little.
There are many online classes that you can take from various ballet stars and coaches all over the world, but we hope that you do not forget your dance teacher who has been with you from the start.
If your studio or teacher is able to give online classes, do prioritise their lessons as they know you and your individual needs. Of course, do watch and support the other dancers and coaches too as it's a great opportunity to have a glimpse at how others train and also get some tips, but that should not be a replacement for your regular studio/teacher's class.
We believe that dancers are one of the most resilient people, and we will emerge stronger. In the meantime, stay safe, stay at home, and keep dancing!
Will your website remain open for online orders?
- Our online store remains open, so you can shop from the comforts of your home. We will be adding more In-Stock products online this coming weeks, so lookout for that!
Will the delivery schedule be affected?
- Deliveries are ongoing as usual, and we are doing our best to keep to our delivery schedule. Should we expect any significant delays, you will receive an email directly from us to let you know.
What is your online exchange or return policy during this period?
- For purchases made in March-May, exchange policy will be extended to 90 days. As our offices are closed during the circuit breaker period, we are unable to receive any parcels. To avoid bounced parcels, please mail your returns for processing only after 1 June.
Do I still need a fitting session to buy pointe shoes?
- We have listed some of our favourites online, so you can shop Sonata's Choice online. We would only recommend you to buy shoes online if you have previously tried the model, and are sure of your shoe size. If you require a fitting, you may book a pointe shoe appointment at our Flagship Store when it reopens.
Is the Flagship store currently open?
- Our Flagship Store at Funan will be temporarily closed until further notice. In the meantime, you can shop online as our online store remains open.
What is your in-store exchange & return policy during this period?
- For purchases made before the circuit breaker in March and April, we are extending the exchange policy to 30 days from the day the retail store reopens.
Do you take pointe shoe fitting appointments during the circuit breaker?
- Unfortunately we are not able to do as as our retail store is closed. You may book an appointment here for appointments in July (TBC). We will also be extending the 10% off pointe shoes in-store promotion, and will provide more updates closer to the date of reopening.
My birthday is in April/May/June. Can the Backstage Full Access Membership Birthday Voucher be extended?
- April, May, and June Birthday Vouchers will be extended to the month when the retail store reopens, so you can claim it in store then.
I have a Backstage membership. Can my online purchase be used to accumulate Backstage cashback?
- The membership is only applicable in the retail store and so unfortunately cashback cannot be accumulate for online purchases.
How is Sonata contributing to the community?
- To support the ongoing fight against COVID-19, our seamstresses have been making reusable non-medical masks from our fabric scraps. These scraps are from making of your Dansknit™ leotards—cotton blend and breathable, and a great material for reusable masks.
- We have been reaching out to charities and the migrant worker communities to send them these masks. Here are some of the communities we are in touch with: MigrantxMe, Migrant Workers of Singapore, PCF Sparkletots Preschool @ Kebun Baru, Singapore Children's Society. We would like say a HUGE thank you to our customers who have connected us with these communities–together we made this possible.
- If you would like to do your part too, you can check out this page: https://cityofgood.sg/sgunited/
Can I purchase the reusable face mask?
- At this moment, we hope to get it to those in need first (e.g. local charities & communities in need). For our customers, we will be giving one free mask with every online order, as long as we still have extra masks on hand.
How do I get in touch with you?
- You can find our contact details here. We are currently busier than usual, and our responses may take longer than normal but our team are working hard to assist with every enquiry and will get back to you as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience.
Don’t see your question listed here? Drop us a message and we will get back to you as soon as we can!