Pointe Shoe Fitting
Pointe Shoe Fitting
Here at Sonata, we take pointe shoe fitting very seriously. Dancers need to ensure that they correctly fit their pointe shoes because it is essential to both the dancer's development of correct technique and the prevention of injury.
Our pointe shoe specialists have to undergo training and complete at least 70 hands-on fittings to be a certified fitter. The training curriculum includes anatomy and injury prevention, as the safety of dancers on pointe is of utmost importance to us.
Every year, our pointe shoe specialists come together to evaluate all the pointe shoe models we have and decide on models to keep and new models to bring in based on our customers' needs. We work together with reputable pointe shoe brands by sharing our feedback with them so that they can work on improving and developing shoes for our climate and region's needs.
Therefore, we understand the importance and are devoted to helping every dancer find their best fit among the selection of pointe shoes we carry. Together with our large variety of accessories to further improve the fit, we ensure that dancers can look good in their pointe shoes, and progress safely in their pointe journey.
COVID-19: Updated as of 10 May
- Have had close contact with confirmed cases
- Are under Quarantine Order / Stay-Home Notice
- Have a fever or any flu-like symptoms
- Have household members who are on Home Quarantine Order/Stay Home Notice or household members with flu-like symptoms such as fever and cough.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
- It is compulsory to book a Pointe Shoe Fitting Appointment.
- Book an appointment in the booking schedule below.
- Fittings are conducted at our Funan Flagship Store.
- You should receive a confirmation email after booking your appointment. If you do not receive any confirmation email, you may contact the store at +65 6738 2018 / +65 6447 0700 to check and confirm that the appointment has been made.
CHANGING/CANCELLATION OF APPOINTMENT
- Please make the changes via the link in your confirmation email.
- Any last-minute cancellations or no-shows for appointments will affect your priority listings in future bookings. Booking accounts may be blocked for repeated no-shows.
SERVICE FEE (w.e.f. 1 Oct 2021)
Fitting would usually take approximately 30 to 40 minutes in order for us to give each dancer ample amount of time and attention that a pointe shoe fitting requires.
Wear fitted comfortable clothing as you will be asked to plié. It is also important for your fitter to see your knees and feet at the start of your fitting, so either wear convertible tights or use the ballet socks provided in store. Also, make sure your toenails are trimmed.
It’s always advisable to buy pointe shoes only if you know how the pointe shoes would fit your feet.
Our pointe shoe fitters will provide tips and advice on how to sew pointe shoe accessories and elastics, ribbons, etc. because these will also vary depending on the dancer’s feet.
Discuss with your ballet teacher as to whether you are ready to go onto pointe, some teachers will advise the student to undertake a Pre-Pointe assessment with a dance-related physiotherapist.
To read an article on ‘When to Start Pointe’ click here.